During your stay at Camp Falcona we offer a wide variety of programs for campers of all ages. Programs inlude:
- Land Activities The hills around Nelson Lake provide space for exploration, fun and adventure. We have a large sports field, creative play areas, and basketball facilities for a quick game of hoops. There is also a beach volleyball court and archery!
- Water Activities A well-protected bay on Nelson Lake is the perfect setting for water activities on hot summer days. Campers jump and swim from our raft, explore the shoreline by kayak and canoe, and bounce on one of our two large water trampolines.
- Crafts The large, well-equipped craft shop offers opportunities for creative expression.
- Group Games Each day the entire camp participates in games such as Capture the Flag, Kick the Can, and Dodgeball. Smaller group games occur each afternoon on our playing field and waterfront.
- Drama and Music During the week, each cabin group participates in the legendary Falcona Skit Night. There is also plenty of singing during traditional campfire programs.
Camp Faclona offers 6 one-week sessions that are offered Monday - Saturday and have a maximum of 60 campers. Each cabin houses 8-10 campers creating a strong sense of community and friendship. Campers are grouped based on gender, age and cabin-mate requests. Cabin groups are supervised by two counsellors who eat, sleep, teach and facilitate cabin activities with campers. Falcona's one week program features our large water park, all camp games, campfires, skit night, a special themed afternoon and a variety of tranditional camp activities that have been part of Falcona since 1937. (More information)
Come and join us on the shores of Nelson Lake for an exciting outdoor day camp. The 7-week day camp program includes swimming, arts and crafts, field games, canoeing, kayaking, archery and hiking. YMCA Day Camp at Falcona offers a clean modern facility, indoor space for those rainy days and a sandy beach complete with a water park and jumping tower. Bus transportation is included in the camp fee with convenient, supervised pick up and drop off at YMCA Sudbury on Duham Street and the Val Therese Pizza Hut Hwy 69N. (More information for 2016 will be available soon!)
Our leadership programs are offered for the oldest campers (ages 14-16). There are 2 steps in our leadership developemnt program at Camp Falcona. The first step is our Leadership Development 1 Program (LD-1) where participants begin to learn how to develop effective programming in a camp setting while continuing to take part in the traditional camp activities they have learned to to grow and love. The next step, Leadership Development 2 (LD-2) focuses on communication, problem solving and conflict resolution. Participants will also learn to organize and facilitate camp programs while practicing their skills in a cabin placement. (More information)